Cornwall Toilet Rebate
The Town of Cornwall is pleased to promote a new Toilet Rebate Program. The Town is committed to respecting the natural environment and conserving our valuable water resources for present and future generations. “Water is a right to us all and it is our responsibility to protect this great resource for all generations to come.” said Councillor Irene Dawson, Chair of the Cornwall Water and Sewer Utility. “I encourage you all to participate in this most important conservation effort.”
We are pleased to offer Cornwall Utility customers the opportunity to participate in a toilet rebate program on a first come, first served basis. (Maximum of 100 toilets in 2017)
Rebate Brochure – Click here
Application Form – Click here
What is the 4.8L toilet rebate?
The Town of Cornwall is offering a rebate of $75 per toilet (up to maximum of 2 toilet rebates) per eligible property as an incentive to replace older, less efficient toilets with new ultra-low flow models.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Participant must be Cornwall Water & Sewer Utility customers and have a utility account with the Town in good standing.
- Participants must be residential homeowners – single family home, semi-detached or duplex.
- Must be replacing an existing toilet(s) with a flush volume of 6L or above.
Rebate program will run until December 31, 2017 or until all rebates funds have been allocated.
How to Apply
You can pick up an application form at Cornwall Town Hall, 39 Lowther Drive or on-line on the Town of Cornwall website. Cornwallpe.ca. Return completed, signed application form to the Town Hall, along with the following:
- Proof of property ownership or residency; proof can include a copy of utility bill, driver license or household bill.
- Submit a copy of sales receipt of new ultra-low flow toilet (s).
- Submit a copy of the disposal receipt from Green Isle.
- 4.8 L (dual flush are eligible)
- Toilets must be 1000 MaP standard (please ask your local dealer) click here to view more information on MaP
Terms and Conditions
In consideration of receiving the rebate under this Town of Cornwall Toilet Rebate, the undersign Applicant acknowledges and agrees:
- that the Town of Cornwall is not responsible for the selection, installation or operation of the toilets: the town does not endorse specific brands, products or sealers, nor does it guarantee materials, workmanship, performance or durability of the qualifying items;
- that the toilet must be a new, water efficient model (4.8L or dual flush) and must be installed in a residence or business within the Town of Cornwall;
- that the Applicant shall provide the Town of Cornwall with reasonable access to the toilet so the town may inspect the eligible property in order to verify the installation of the water efficient toilet and eligibility of the same;
- that the Town of Cornwall does not guarantee or warrant the toilet or its installation, performance, freedom from defects, quality of workmanship or suitability of the toilet or any installation thereof for any purpose, or the suitability of the premises for installation. Further, the Applicant acknowledges and agrees to assume any and all costs of the installation or any alternations necessary for the proper installation of the toilet;
- to indemnify, save and hold harmless the Town of Cornwall against all liability, loss, costs, damages and expenses, causes of action, actions, claims demands, lawsuits and other proceedings, by whomever made, sustained brought or prosecuted, including by third parties, involving injury, death, personal injury and property damage, in any way based upon, occasioned by or attributable to the Applicant’s participation in this program, including any negligence on the part of the Town of Cornwall, or its agents;
- to refund such rebate to the Town of Cornwall on request, if this application contains any material misstatement or misinterpretation on such Applicant’s behalf, or if the Applicant breaches any of these terms or conditions; and
- that the Town of Cornwall reserves the right to change or cancel the program at any time.
Toilet flushing makes up 30% of total water use in the home. If you are using a 13L toilet, your family of 4 is flushing 94,900 liters of water a year. By switching to a 4.8L toilet, you can easily save almost 60,000 liters a year!