Position: Supervisor, Infrastructure and Public Works (Posted July 31, 2020)
The Town of Cornwall has been growing steadily as a young and dynamic community. The municipality is located west of Charlottetown, bordered by the North River to the east and the West River to the south and west. The Town is a result of the 1995 amalgamation of the former municipalities of the village of Cornwall and the communities of North River and Eliot River. Cornwall has experienced substantial growth since that time, having a population of 5,348 in 2016 and has kept growing since. To contribute to the management of the infrastructure development and maintenance, the Town is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join the Town as Supervisor of the Infrastructure Department.
Reporting to the Department Manager, the Infrastructure Supervisor is a full-time position responsible for assisting the Manager in carrying out the Town’s public works and utility operations. The Supervisor is a working supervisor and expected to operate with a high degree of independence and be committed to the goals and objectives of the Town and the Utility.
Full job description can be viewed at: Infrastructure Supervisor Job Description
- Assist in the day to day operations of utility and public works operations including coordination of consultants, contractors and staff activities
- Coordinate and assist crews with inspections, installations, infrastructure related repairs
- Assist in the development and implementation of inspection and maintenance programs
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of the utility’s SCADA System, as well as other building monitoring systems
- Assist in the preparation of tenders, reports, letters and other documents as required
- As required, act as a Water and Sewer Operator completing daily tests, maintenance and responding to customer requests
- Assist in the water/wastewater sampling programs for the Infrastructure Department
- Attend meetings as necessary, including the Infrastructure Committee, acting as recording secretary as required
- Oversee and assist the Public Works Technician, Water and Wastewater Operators, Custodian and Public Works Assistant as required
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of asset management/work order software as well as Excel, Word, Outlook and other software
- Strong working knowledge of water and sewer utility operations and principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, Town Officials and the public
Education and Experience:
- Certification in Water Distribution (Level 2)
- Wastewater Collection (Level 2) and Treatment (Level 1)
- Post-secondary diploma in Engineering Technology, related trade or field of study
- Minimum three years of relevant experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Available to join the Water and Sewer Department on-call rotation
Qualified applicants are to submit their resume and coverletter to HR@Cornwallpe.ca no later than August 14, 2020 with “Supervisor, Infrastructure” in the subject line. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will start early September 2020. Resumes and cover letters can be sent to Wendy MacIntyre at HR@Cornwallpe.ca. Phone calls and drop-ins will not be accepted.
The Town of Cornwall is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified and interested individuals to apply. We look forward to meeting you and finding out how the Manager of Infrastructure position aligns with your career goals!
Thank you to all who apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.