Position: Manager, Infrastructure (Posted February 28, 2020)
The Town of Cornwall has been growing steadily as a young and dynamic community. The municipality is located west of Charlottetown, bordered by the North River to the east and the West River to the south and west. The Town is a result of the 1995 amalgamation of the former municipalities of the village of Cornwall and the communities of North River and Eliot River. Cornwall has experienced substantial growth since that time, having a population of 5,348 in 2016 and has kept growing since. To contribute to the management of the infrastructure development and maintenance, the Town is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join the management team as the Manager for the Infrastructure Department.
The Manager of Infrastructure is a senior management position in the Town of Cornwall that provides planning, direction, reporting, budgeting and supervision of the Town’s public works and utilities operations. This position is responsible for advising and assisting in the formulation, implementation, administration and direction of related policies and practices. The Manager of Infrastructure is also responsible for the day to day operations of the Town’s utilities and public works. The incumbent is expected to function with a high degree of independence and be committed to the goals and objectives of the Town.
Full job description can be found at Job Description: Infrastructure Manager
· Certification in Water Distribution (Level 2), Wastewater Collection (Level 2) and Wastewater Treatment (Level 1)
· Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field with technical background in Civil Engineering/or related field is an asset
· Civil Engineering Technology diploma, or a related trade, and an acceptable combination of relevant training & experience are assets
· Extensive experience in the design, construction, maintenance, and repair of water and sewer lines, buildings and sidewalks, including effective supervisory and administrative experience
· Proficient in computer applications including word processing, Excel and SCADA systems
· Strong customer service skills
· Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
Qualified applicants are to submit their resume and coverletter to HR@Cornwallpe.ca no later than March 20, 2020 with “Manager, Infrastructure” in the subject line. It is anticipated that the successful applicant will start mid-April 2020. Resumes and cover letters can be sent to Wendy MacIntyre at HR@Cornwallpe.ca. Phone calls and drop-ins will not be accepted.
The Town of Cornwall is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified and interested individuals to apply. We look forward to meeting you and finding out how the Manager of Infrastructure position aligns with your career goals!
Thank you to all who apply, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.