Renew PEI Together (updated September 22nd)
Back to School 2020
Our offices are Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, with controlled access, to the public. We want to assure you that we are adhering to all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors. A maximum of two visitors will be allowed in the office reception area at once. Please remember to be patient and maintain 6ft physical distance at all times.
Residents are encouraged to make Utility payments with a credit card, over the phone or through your online banking.
Residents are also encouraged to make Program registrations over the phone or electronically.
If you do visit the Town Office to make a payment debit or credit card payment is preferred.
Permit applications can be dropped off to the Town Hall drop box, emailed to email@example.com or left at the reception desk. Permit application fees can be paid by calling with your credit card number or at the reception desk. Once your permit has been approved, you will be contacted to set up an appointment time to come in to review and sign your permit.
All in person meetings with staff will be by appointment only. Please contact the staff member directly to set up your time. Staff contacts can be found on www.cornwallpe.ca
Please do not enter the building if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVD-19 or have traveled outside of Prince Edward Island and have not completed your 14 day isolation period.
Thank you for your cooperation!!
PEI’s self-assessment tool can be accessed by visiting:
Home Learning Resources
COVID-19 Multi Language Resources:
Islanders Helping Islanders
Province Outlines Next Steps for Children & Students
Co-Parenting & COVID-19
Free Counseling Services
COVID–19 Support for Families
COVID–19 has impacted all of us in ways we couldn’t have expected. With our PSB schools being closed, the absence of access to school breakfast and lunch programs has put a financial strain on many families. Assistance is being provided to families dealing with food insecurity. Please contact the Support for Families lines 902-368-5155 or 902-368-6990 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information so we can get back to you about the supports that are available to assist you and your family at this time.
In light of the school closures, the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning is providing ongoing learning opportunities for students while at home. We recommend home learning that focuses on three key areas; health and well-being, literacy and numeracy.
Activities that support ongoing learning can be found below.
Did you know there are a number of fun, educational and relaxing activities that you could access online to do with your family while you are at home….click on the link below for some great ideas to fill your time:
To help Islanders stay informed and entertained during the COVID-19 situation, several channels through Bell and Eastlink are currently on free preview. These companies are offering a selection of news, entertainment, family and lifestyle channels and they will be available for free over the next few weeks.
Please check out the links;
Eastlink Television – https://my.eastlink.ca/whatsnew/version/2
Mental Health Resources:
Choose Wisely: COVID-19 Recommendations
Update: (March 17th)
The Town of Cornwall is constantly monitoring the current events surrounding COVID-19, and we are working diligently at keeping both the public and our staff safe from risk
- The Town is following the direction from both Provincial and Federal Governments
- The Town is continuing to provide all essential services
- As of March 18th the Town Office is closed to the public but staff are available to answer your questions or concerns, please call 902-566-2354
- All Town recreational facilities are closed until further notice
- Any staff that can work from home will be doing so
- Please practice social distancing, stay home unless it’s essential that you go out
- Town encourages all residents to check by phone or social media on neighbors, seniors and anyone that may be affected
- For general questions about COVID-19, call 1-800-958-6400
- If you have just returned from outside of Canada and have symptoms, including a cough, fever or difficulty breathing, call 811.
- Are you a PEI business with questions about COVID-19, call 1-866-222-1751
- Find more information on 811 and contact optionsA new self-assessment tool is now available for Islanders to help determine whether they should be tested for COVID-19.PEI’s self-assessment tool can be accessed by visiting: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/self-assessment-covid-19.The assessment can be completed for yourself or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable.For health related general questions about COVID-19, call 1-800-958-6400.