March 3rd Update
The CPHO has recently announced the lifting of the Modified Code Red – Town Offices will re-open to the public Thursday, March 4th at 8am
February 28th Update
In light of the recent announcement from the CPHO and the implementation of the Modified Code Red, the Town of Cornwall administrative offices will be closed for 72 hours. We will continue to provide essential services. Bill payments can be made through your online banking, by credit card by calling 902-566-2354 or by dropping off at the Town Hall drop box (located to the left of doors) Please reach out with any questions or concerns to 902-566-2354 or email email@example.com Be safe everyone!
The Town of Cornwall Day Camp will be open 7:30am to 5:30pm during the Modified Code Red. In order to secure a space for your child you MUST email firstname.lastname@example.org We are not permitted to allow anyone to come that hasn’t pre-registered via email. Thank you for your cooperation!
Circuit Breaker measures – princeedwardisland.ca/CircuitBreaker
Effective Sunday, February 28, 2021 at 8 am, to break the chain of transmission of COVID-19, circuit breaker measures as follows are in place:
⏩ Personal gatherings – up to 10 in your home in addition to those who live there
⏩ Organized gatherings – limit of 50, in a facility with an operational plan
⏩ Gyms, fitness facilities, museums, libraries, etc. – up to 50% capacity, must ensure physical distancing
⏩ Restaurants, pubs, etc. – take-out and delivery only
⏩ Retail, markets, craft fairs – up to 50% capacity, must ensure physical distancing
⏩ Sports – practices OK within gathering limit and organizational plan, no games.
⏩ No change to Long-term care – up to 3 partners in care, limited visitors
With all activities, enhanced safety precautions must be in place, and all public health protocols must be followed (masks, hand sanitizing, physical distancing).
Following information from the Chief Public Health Office, the Town encourages the public and its staff to follow routine prevention measures, including:
- Washing hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue;
- If ill with acute respiratory symptoms, stay home if possible;
- Limit touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Don’t share items like drinking glasses and water bottles; and
- Frequently clean surfaces like taps, doorknobs and countertops.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, including the latest information, advice for travellers and FAQs, visit: www.princeedwardisland.ca/covid19 or call the general information line at 1-800-958-6400. Islanders are also encouraged to call 1-833-533-9333 for health questions, testing, services, and business programs, 8-1-1 if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, and 2-1-1 for community, social, non-clinical health and government services.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!!
Friday, November 20,2020
Masks or face coverings are now mandatory in all Town facilities. Thank you for your cooperation!
Renew PEI Together (updated September 22nd)
Back to School 2020
Our offices are Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm, with controlled access, to the public. We want to assure you that we are adhering to all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors. A maximum of two visitors will be allowed in the office reception area at once. Please remember to be patient and maintain 6ft physical distance at all times.
Residents are encouraged to make Utility payments with a credit card, over the phone or through your online banking.
Residents are also encouraged to make Program registrations over the phone or electronically.
If you do visit the Town Office to make a payment debit or credit card payment is preferred.
Permit applications can be dropped off to the Town Hall drop box, emailed to email@example.com or left at the reception desk. Permit application fees can be paid by calling with your credit card number or at the reception desk. Once your permit has been approved, you will be contacted to set up an appointment time to come in to review and sign your permit.
All in person meetings with staff will be by appointment only. Please contact the staff member directly to set up your time. Staff contacts can be found on www.cornwallpe.ca
Please do not enter the building if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVD-19 or have traveled outside of Prince Edward Island and have not completed your 14 day isolation period.
Thank you for your cooperation!!
PEI’s self-assessment tool can be accessed by visiting:
Home Learning Resources
COVID-19 Multi Language Resources:
Islanders Helping Islanders
Province Outlines Next Steps for Children & Students
Co-Parenting & COVID-19
Free Counseling Services
COVID–19 Support for Families
COVID–19 has impacted all of us in ways we couldn’t have expected. With our PSB schools being closed, the absence of access to school breakfast and lunch programs has put a financial strain on many families. Assistance is being provided to families dealing with food insecurity. Please contact the Support for Families lines 902-368-5155 or 902-368-6990 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information so we can get back to you about the supports that are available to assist you and your family at this time.
In light of the school closures, the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning is providing ongoing learning opportunities for students while at home. We recommend home learning that focuses on three key areas; health and well-being, literacy and numeracy.
Activities that support ongoing learning can be found below.
Did you know there are a number of fun, educational and relaxing activities that you could access online to do with your family while you are at home….click on the link below for some great ideas to fill your time:
To help Islanders stay informed and entertained during the COVID-19 situation, several channels through Bell and Eastlink are currently on free preview. These companies are offering a selection of news, entertainment, family and lifestyle channels and they will be available for free over the next few weeks.
Please check out the links;
Eastlink Television – https://my.eastlink.ca/whatsnew/version/2
Mental Health Resources:
Choose Wisely: COVID-19 Recommendations
Update: (March 17th)
The Town of Cornwall is constantly monitoring the current events surrounding COVID-19, and we are working diligently at keeping both the public and our staff safe from risk
- The Town is following the direction from both Provincial and Federal Governments
- The Town is continuing to provide all essential services
- As of March 18th the Town Office is closed to the public but staff are available to answer your questions or concerns, please call 902-566-2354
- All Town recreational facilities are closed until further notice
- Any staff that can work from home will be doing so
- Please practice social distancing, stay home unless it’s essential that you go out
- Town encourages all residents to check by phone or social media on neighbors, seniors and anyone that may be affected
- For general questions about COVID-19, call 1-800-958-6400
- If you have just returned from outside of Canada and have symptoms, including a cough, fever or difficulty breathing, call 811.
- Are you a PEI business with questions about COVID-19, call 1-866-222-1751
- Find more information on 811 and contact optionsA new self-assessment tool is now available for Islanders to help determine whether they should be tested for COVID-19.PEI’s self-assessment tool can be accessed by visiting: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/self-assessment-covid-19.The assessment can be completed for yourself or on behalf of someone else, if they are unable.For health related general questions about COVID-19, call 1-800-958-6400.