Are you looking for some new and exciting programs to try out this winter? Please see our program flyer for all the information you need to stay active and healthy.
Registrations are online, in person, or over the phone at 902-566-2354
- Preschool Programs
- Youth Programs
- Teen Programs
- Adult Programs
- Older Adult Programs
- Fitness Programs
- Family Events
- Birthday Party Packages
- Community Events
- Sponsorship & Donations
Are you a new resident to Cornwall? Looking for some information on what’s available in your new neighbourhood? Contact our Engagement Coordinator, Lori Bingley for your “Welcome Package” 902-628-6260 ext. 228 or by email at email@example.com
Award or Recognition
Are you aware of someone deserving of recognition for an achievement or award? Or someone celebrating a milestone anniversary or birthday? We want to ensure our residents are recognized and celebrated so we are asking for your help. For more information please contact our Engagement Coordinator, Lori Bingley at 902-628-6260 ext. 228 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Cornwall is a HIGH FIVE® Certified Organization
The Town is happy to be a community partner in HIGH FIVE®. Canada’s quality standard for children’s recreation and sport. Before HIGH FIVE, no standards existed and there was a clear need for an innovative approach to help organizations enhance program quality and provide positive experiences for children that would remain with them for a lifetime.
Today, HIGH FIVE holds true to the five Principles of Healthy Child Development which research indicates are essential or quality programs:
- A Caring Adult
- The opportunity to make friends
- The opportunity to play
- The opportunity to master skills
- The opportunity to participate
Do you have Feedback on our Recreation Programs?
The Town of Cornwall is always looking for ways to improve the quality of programs. If you have feedback regarding your program experience, please let us know at email@example.com or call our Recreation Coordinator at 902- 628-6260 ext. 235.
Jump Start – Jumpstart is a charity backed by Canadian Tire which helps kids in financial need participate in organized sports by assisting with costs associated with sports. If you are a parent or guardian, you can apply for funding on behalf of your child(ren) by clicking on the link below. All information provided will be kept confidential. Apply: http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/en.html
Kid Sport – KidSport PEI believes all Island children should have the opportunity to experience the positive benefits that sports offer. Organized sports teach children important life skills such as leadership, commitment, teamwork and self-confidence. Staying physically active is important for everyone, and playing sports helps develop healthy lifestyles for children across Prince Edward Island. Kid Sport PEI helps remove the financial barriers that limit some children from participating in sports in PEI. To apply; http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/prince-edward-island/apply-forassistance/
The Town of Cornwall offers many exciting volunteer roles for enthusiastic individuals wishing to contribute within their community. Whether it’s helping at programs or assisting at one of the many events the Town has to offer, we always have somewhere you can help. Volunteering provides many benefits such as:
- Meet new people, gain new friendships and network within the community
- Gain experience, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Be challenged and active while spending time indoors and outdoors
- Acquire documented volunteer hours (if requested)
- Receive recognition for your participation.
Volunteering can provide volunteer hours for both the Community Service Bursary Program and for the Duke of Edinburg Program.
Contact Shelley McKenna at 902-628-6260 ext. 226 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org about getting more information on how you can contribute to your community!!
Three ways to register:
- Online registration – recommended method To register online, you will need to set up your account information and will require a credit card. Please visit www.cornwallpe.ca to register online. Online registration begins December 4, 2018, at 8:30 a.m. After that, you can register online anytime.
- Phone-in registration – Call 902-620-6260, option “0”. To register by phone, you will need your credit card and the name of classes you want to register for. If you have never registered in any of our programs you will be required to complete the registration process. We will require medical information including your provincial health card and physician’s name and phone number. The initial registration could take up to 10 minutes. Office Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Walk-in registration – Come prepared to register with the courses or classes you want to register for. You can register for any of the winter programs as of December 4, 2018, by visiting Town Office at 39 Lowther Dr.
Our best effort is made to provide you with the most accurate information at the time of printing, however, schedules are subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel, amend, change, postpone or combine classes/activities that are listed in this guide.
- Prior to the program start date: Withdrawals may be made up to 48 hours before a program starts and a full refund will be provided.
- On or after program start, prior to second class: Requests received on or after the start date of the program, regardless of class start time, will be pro-rated as of the date of notification and cannot be backdated. Withdrawal/Refund requests may be made no later than one business day prior to the second class. A pro-rated credit for the remaining classes can be left on your account for future program registration use. Refund requests will be pro-rated, as of the date of notification and could be subject to a service fee of $ 5.00.
- After the second class of the program: Requests made after the day of the second class of the program will be processed for medical reasons ONLY for the remaining classes of the program and must be accompanied by a doctor’s note. Requests will be processed as of the date of notification and cannot be backdated. Medical requests are not subject to a service charge.
Missed Classes/Storm Closures
In the event a participant is unable to attend a class for any reason including weather cancellations, no make-up classes, refunds, credits will be offered. The Town of Cornwall aligns with Queens County Provincial Government for storm closures. Please check the Town’s social media sites.
The Town of Cornwall would like to ensure all residents can access recreation and leisure services. Recreation fee subsidies are available for all minor sports programs (Kid Sport) and community recreation programs (Jump Start). Please feel free to contact the office for more information.
Harmonized Sales Tax
HST is now 15 % and is applicable to programs offered to participants 15 years of age and older it is not included in rates and fees advertised in this brochure unless otherwise noted.